Art Analysis (11/8/17) 3

The Son of Man
Made by René Magritte

The title of the painting is called “The Son of Man”, the artist that produced this painting was René Magritte.

The artist was born in Lessines, Belgium. He died in Belgium in 1967. He has been producing artwork since 1915. Some of his other popular artwork are “Golconda”, “The Human Condition”, and “On the Threshold of Liberty”.

The painting is currently installed in a private collection. I don’t believe people can still see it to this day, probably was allowed during a certain period of time. The painting has not been displayed in more than one place. This piece of art is visual art. This painting was painted with oil paint on a canvas.

The theme of this painting I believe is opening up. In this painting, I see a man dressed up with an apple covering his face. The artwork sort of makes it difficult to understand the theme. The theme could’ve been conveyed better by having more detail in the painting.

Something I’ve experienced in connection to the theme was putting my social introvert ways in the past and talking to people. The artwork does not accurately represent my experience. There are no other connections I can make to my life compared to this theme.

Comments

  1. What style of artwork is this? How do you think that contributed to the artist's choice to not add more detail to the face?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flores

Art Analysis (11/8/17) 1

Giving Birth to my World (Finished)