Giving Birth to my World (Finished)

Hey it's me, your favorite blogger, Briana Carter. Welcome back to my first FINISHED piece, this week in Room 13 I was able to complete this piece. So, this week my exact plans for this didn't go exactly as planned, instead of spray painting the cotton balls I ended up using black pom poms. I cut the pom poms in half, then hot glued them on my canvas, then I added purple glitter to her hair just to add some "spice".
Gluing on the pom poms as her hair went surprising well, I wish she had the 4c hair texture but the pom poms make it look like she got 4c hair blow dried out lol. I also just the overall look of my finished piece and I'm content with it.
The only struggle was putting the glitter in her hair. I used black paint over the black pom poms to act as adhesive for the glitter, and I hated it. Then, I got a suggestion from my advisor and she had me brush out the paint over the pom poms, and it came out great.
This week in class I just focused on her hair and cleaning up the piece. I came into Room 13 and got straight to work. I stayed focus at all times and was able to complete my piece. I had no distractions surprisingly. This piece somewhat challenged me, and I learned that it is alright to differ from your original plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flores

Art Analysis (11/8/17) 1