Giving Birth to my World

Hello, my name is Briana Carter, welcome to my first post. This week in Room 13, I've made a piece named 'Giving Birth to my World'. My piece was a 3D painting. There were only a few steps to complete this painting, first outline with pencil, second paint in the outline, and lastly spray paint the cotton balls and paste them onto the canvas.
I really enjoyed creating this painting, it went really well for me. I would say the number one thing that went well for me was creating each color I used out of the three primary colors. Also, drawing out the outline with pencil went surprisingly well. Altogether, I had a lot of fun creating this piece.
One part that was a struggle was mixing my paints to get the right shades of brown. It took me two days to finally get the correct shades of brown that I needed. Also, I struggled with outlining the continents on her belly, I eventually gave in and printed the continents out and traced them.
This week I class, considering it was the first week, I came right into class and completed the task I assigned myself for the day. I stayed focused on my piece. My phone and others rarely distracted. This project challenged me enough to learn how to mix paints to get certain colors that I needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flores

Art Analysis (11/8/17) 1

Giving Birth to my World (Finished)