Art Anaylsis (11/8/17) 2

Olympia
Made by Édouard Manet

The title of this painting is “Olympia” and the artist that produced this magnificent piece of art is Édouard Manet.

The artist was born in Paris, France. He died in 1883 at age 51 in Paris, France. I’m assuming he started producing his art in the 1860s because that is when some of his early piece were dated. Some of his other popular artwork are “The Luncheon on the Grass” and “A Bar at the Folies-Bergère”.

The painting is installed at Musée d’Orsay, Paris. I believe people still can go to Paris to see the painting. It has not been displayed in more than one place. It is a piece of visual art. The painting is an oil on canvas piece.

The theme of this artwork would be sexual independence. In this painting, I see a white naked woman and a black woman, I believe she’s a slave, handing her a bouquet of flowers. The painting does convey the theme well because the white woman in the painting is naked and has a certain look on her face like she’s carefree about her disposition. The theme was perfectly conveyed, didn’t need any extra to convey it.

I can make many connections between the theme of this painting and my personal life. Something I’ve experienced in connection to the theme was simply trying to find myself out and finally accepting my body for what it was. The painting accurately represents my experience. There are no other connections I would like to talk about to my personal life on this painting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flores

Art Analysis (11/8/17) 1

Giving Birth to my World (Finished)