Haunted House Costume

Oh my god, long time no see stranger. I know it’s been awhile since the last time I’ve posted, simply because Room 13 has our annual haunted house and I haven’t had time to make any of my lovely paintings. So today I’m going to just talk about my scary costume I designed and put together myself for the haunted house. I was a guide for the haunted house and I chose to be one of the sexy girls from The Purge, so for my shirt I got an old white button-up and poured blood all over it. The end result made me look like I got killed because the ‘blood’ seeped through to the back of the shirt. The mask I wore, you can’t see in the picture I uploaded, but I simply gave the faceless mask a bloody smile for a scary look. Lastly, to finish the costume I wore black knee high boots, black fishnets, and a black pencil skirt to give off a scary bit very sexy look.

I would say getting the materials for my costume I needed in a short amount of time was one thing that went really well. Within two days, I was able to run to the mall and buy all the parts to my costume and was able to ‘bloody up’ my shirt and let it dry perfectly. Also, I would say the way I painted the front of the shirt went really well, gave the audience the sense that I just murdered someone and they were next.

I would say getting the perfect mask for my costume was the only struggle. My instructor couldn’t find the exact creepy grin purge mask that I was looking for and bought another one that was nothing like the one I wanted. So I took it upon myself and went and got myself another creepy mask from Party City. Even though I didn’t end up getting the exact mask I needed I was able to make do.

I believe I did great this week in class. Besides putting my costume together I also helped others set up their room. Whether that be taping spiders on the walls and doors or painting blood on the walls. I also pasted up tarp on the doors and windows to block the light to make the haunted house super scary. Overall, I really enjoyed the haunted house and watching it come together slowly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flores

Art Analysis (11/8/17) 1

Giving Birth to my World (Finished)