Chalk Tingz (finished)

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. This is a very late blog post because my instructor of Room 13 was not clear at all what she wanted us to do while she was absent for the past couple days... BUT ANYWAYS, I don't really feel that well today so I'm going to keep this post very short and straight to the point. This week I've created two chalk pieces. I wanted to use a new medium so chalk stuck out to me. I used black paper instead of regular printer paper so we could see the bright chalk color. I simply rubbed the chalk on it's side so I could get a nice vibrant color.

Something that went really well this week was being able to outline my fruit in both pieces with chalk instead of pencil. You can see in the apple piece (left) the apple really stands out, from the apple itself to the leaf hanging onto the stem. I really liked using the chalk because it was easy to apply and blend in with my fingers/hands.

One part of this week's pieces that was a struggle was definitely clean up after I was finished. The chalk left an ugly stain on my hands and pants, so I would recommend cover your hands and clothes before doing a chalk piece unless you like getting dirty... unlike me. Another struggle was doing the grapes piece (right) I had used a different chalk than the chalk I used in the apple piece. The colors weren't as vibrant as I wanted, but whatever I guess.

I believe I did alright in class this week, as usual. I came in and got straight to work. I stayed focus the entire time. I did not get distracted by others nor my phone, as usual. I believe I picked a different project out of the usual projects I do, so yes, I did learn from it.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flores

Art Analysis (11/8/17) 1

Giving Birth to my World (Finished)